- Program starts Fall 2022; undergraduate, graduate, and professional student parents who meet the eligibility requirements are invited to apply
Now accepting applications for participation in the CCAMPIS Childcare Student Parent Scholars Program!
What is CCAMPIS?
CCAMPIS (Child Care Access Means Parents in School), pronounced see-campus, is a federal grant from the US Department of Education designed to provide funding for child care and related services to promote the success of student parents. The Early Childhood Laboratory (ECL) and Transfer and Reentry Center (TRC) received a CCAMPIS grant to support student parents at UC Davis.
What services do CCAMPIS Student Parent Scholars at UC Davis receive?
- Full subsidy (no cost to attend), 50% subsidy, or 25% subsidy for on campus child care at the nationally accredited program offered by the Early Childhood Laboratory (ECL)
- Child development and whole family support from a specialist in child development at the ECL
- Individualized support from a Student Parent Mentor at the TRC
- Specialized workshops and connections to campus resources
- Opportunities to connect with other Student Parent Scholars
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Undergraduate, graduate, and professional student parents at UC Davis
- Qualify as low income - must be Pell grant eligible or be eligible using Pell grant income guidelines
- Enrolled in at least 6 units (incoming students who have not yet registered for classes are eligible to apply, but will need to be enrolled in at least 6 units for the quarter in which participating in the program)
- Minimum of a 2.0 cumulative GPA (previous school GPA can be used for incoming students)
- Priority is given to undergraduate students, single parents, and students with the most financial need
What is the application process?
To apply to participate as a CCAMPIS Student Parent Scholar, submit the online application form.
- February 1: Application opens
- June 15: Priority deadline
- June 30: Priority decisions
- July 5: Extended deadline (if spots are still available)
- July 20: Extended deadline decisions
Students need to apply each year they would like to participate. Applications for student parents not requesting childcare at the ECL will continue to be accepted until all spots are full.
Contact the CCAMPIS Co-Directors (Kelly Twibell Sanchez, Director of the Early Childhood Laboratory, and Marissa Weiss, Transfer Retention Specialist at the TRC) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Complete program details included on the CCAMPIS website.